21.11.11

In 10 years time...

There's a lot of technology coming out of the music industry at the moment, and a lot of it is still in early stages, but when I get my hands on it, I'm hoping I can be one of the first wave of modern musicians to really put this new tech through its paces and help change the face of the music industry!

There are plenty of examples out there, including projection mapping audio-visual artwork, interactive music, reactive music, generative music, live gig streaming, live studio sessions over the internet, recording from the other side of the world.

One of the things I'd like to do is incorporate music and games together, but not like Guitar Hero or Audiosurf where you play according to the music. Instead, I'd rather create a game where the music changes according to your in game environment and what you do.
I intend to invade a Game Design lecture at University one day and get those guys involved in it all.

I would like to try the live streaming thing one day, but not just to homes, but also to cinemas and some of the massive TV screens you get in big cities (I know there's one in Manchester and one in London), and not just the UK, but also across the world. A worldwide gig would be a pretty amazing event, especially if you can get numerous clubs across every city and town involved, too.

I also like the idea of releasing an album on a multi-platform app where the music changes depending on how you manipulate it in the app. Add multi-player (or multi-listener?) modes for a much more interactive experience with friends, and even an ability to save the 'remixes' that are produced and upload them to a profile on the website for other people to enjoy. Maybe even add the ability to mash songs together from the same album, the same artist, or even just any songs at all.

I'd also like to try the above idea in a live situation, by having a line of MIDI controllers at the front of the stage that can control the music in some way. It would have to be restricted somehow so as not to let someone completely destroy the song live, but it would be an interesting concept to try out.

These are all things I'd like to try out in the future, and I'll certainly be developing some of these ideas further, as well as coming up with new ones.

One of the main things I'd like to do however, it to break the artist/audience barrier in live situations. I want to find a way, or multiple ways, in which the audience can feel far more involved with the gig, than just dancing and watching and listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, play nicely!